The 14th Annual Conference of the Area Planning and Services Committee for Aging with Lifelong Disabilities (APSC)
COMMUNITY INTEGRATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH LIFELONG DISABILITIES
Monday, June 4, 2018 from 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM
DoubleTree By Hilton (Off Midlothian Turnpike) -- 1021 Koger Center Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23235
Keynote Address: Supporting Successful Aging in People with Lifelong Disabilities, by Dr. Elizabeth Perkins, Associate Director of the Florida Center for Inclusive Communities (FCIC), the University of South Florida’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, President-Elect of the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD), and highly published author.
Session Topics Include:
- Engage me: The how to's of community integration
- Outdoor activities for individuals with lifelong disabilities
- Financial exploitation and lifelong disabilities
- A speech therapist’s guide to physiological changes with aging, and issues with swallowing, choking, and special diets
- The arts as tools for caregivers
- Social Security benefits for individuals with lifelong disabilities
Please click the link below to access the Registration site for our conference.
Registration fee of $40 includes materials, lunch, and breaks.