Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT) is pleased to announce that applications for the 2019 Charitable Fund Award (CFA) are now being accepted! The application period runs from January 22 to March 28, 2019.
In its eleventh year, CCT's 2019 CFA provides individuals with disabilities who reside in Virginia and demonstrate a financial need with grants of up to $1,000 to be used for equipment, medication or services.
If you have a client who lives in Virginia whose quality of life could be improved by this program, please consider applying. Examples of past awards include (but are not limited to):
- Assistive technology, including iPads
- Dental services and dentures, hearing aids and eyeglasses
- Summer camp fees, therapeutic riding and fitness center membership fees
- Equipment such as wheelchairs, van lifts, stair lifts, dehumidifiers and adaptive bicycles
- Home safety modifications such as wheelchair ramps and grab bars
Who can submit an application?
- Applications must be completed online and submitted on behalf of a qualifying recipient by a public agency or nonprofit organization that serves people with special needs in Virginia. Parents or guardians may not submit an application on behalf of a potential recipient of goods or services. Any applications received from an individual or representative that does not meet these criteria will be denied.
Up to ten (10) applications will be accepted from each public agency or organization
All applications must be done online. To apply, click here.
Send an email to Cheryl Carlyon, CCT Finance and Program Manager, with any questions.