Our Partners and Sponsors
We are a 501c3 not-for-profit, free public service for Virginians. To cover the expense of operating, we rely on contributions from organizations in Virginia that have made a commitment to improving the lives of older adults, people with disabilities, veterans, and their caregivers and families. Without the help of these organizations, we could not provide our valuable services throughout the Commonwealth. To learn more about the sponsors and partners that support our mission, click on the following links or scroll down the page.
Community and Navigator Sponsor(s)
Information About Our Partners and Sponsors
The CTA Foundation is a public, national foundation affiliated with the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™. The foundation’s grants strategically support programs that improve the lives of seniors and people with disabilities. Because we consider grants part of a partnership, we work closely with our grantees to ensure their programs’ success. The foundation also facilitates dialog among industry, consumers, government, advocacy groups and other key stakeholders. Recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 2009, and it started supporting its first programs in 2012.
Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers of energy, with an energy portfolio of about 28,100 megawatts of generation, about 6 trillion cubic feet equivalent of proved natural gas reserves and 7,900 miles of natural gas transmission pipeline. Dominion Energy also operates the nation's largest underground natural gas storage system with more than 965 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in eighteen states. Corporate headquarters are located in Richmond, Va.
Charitable giving and leadership of campaigns to benefit non-profit organizations are an integral part of Dominion Energy’s social responsibility. Principally through the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, the company contributes more than $20 million annually to charities in the states where it operates. Grants are made in several categories, supporting a variety of programs, such as foodbanks, homeless shelters, educational grants, cultural outreach programs in the performing arts, and land and habitat preservation.
Friendship is the place where seniors’ needs are met within a caring community that offers a full breadth and depth of services. Our evolution over the course of nearly 50 years has included the addition of new and innovative services, ultimately creating a world-class retirement community based on a rental mode.
Seniors are attracted to the community because they felt they could essentially age-in-place – that Friendship would be able to provide for all of their needs as they grew older created through innovative designs for new sustainable living accommodations. Residents are also reassured to learn about Friendship’s emphasis on privacy and comfort with exclusive accommodations in Friendship Health & Rehab, should they ever need a higher level of care.
- Independent Living: Boasting 26 different floor plans ranging from apartments to homes, finding the right fit for your needs is all about choices. Well equipped kitchens, heat and air conditioning, secure entrances, on campus pharmacy with delivery, and complimentary bus services are just a few of the perks of Friendship.
- Outpatient Therapy: Available for on-campus residents and the general public, our outpatient therapy offers physical therapy, speech/language pathology, and occupational therapy, including driving evaluations. We also offer a warm water pool for aquatic rehab. It is our goal to keep you moving, and as active and independent as possible.
- Assisted Living: Our assisted living accommodations help you remain self-reliant while assisting you where you need it. We offer 5 levels of care, ranging from residential to 24 hour nursing supervision. In addition we offer restaurant style dining, activities 7 days a week, housekeeping and laundry services and an onsite medical clinic to bring the doctor to you. Enjoy life while we take care of you.
- Home Care: Our mission at Home Care is simple, to help our clients enjoy living at home, by providing companionship and personal services. Whether it is housekeeping, meal preparation, running errands or going to the doctor, even tasks such as bathing and medication reminders, we are there when you need us.
- Health and Rehab Center: As the largest skilled nursing facility in the Commonwealth of Virginia with 373 beds, we know about delivering quality care. We specialize in skilled nursing care for short term orthopedic rehab stays to more permanent stays in our Alzheimer's unit and everything in between. With a staff comprised of RNs, LPNs and CNAs you can trust our knowledgeable staff with your or your loved one's health needs. In addition, we house an on-site pharmacy, gift shop and cafe and offer a plethora of daily activities
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital is a nonprofit community hospital located in Albemarle County. The 176 acute-bed state-of-the-art facility is part of Sentara Healthcare, another nonprofit healthcare system based in Norfolk, Va.
With more than 400 physicians representing more than 35 specialties, Sentara Martha Jefferson offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services. In total, the hospital employs more than 1,600 people.
Key hospital services include a comprehensive cancer care, stroke care, orthopedics and sports medicine, heart and vascular care, neurosciences, diagnostic and interventional radiology, digestive health, bariatric surgery, same-day surgery, pain management, physical and occupational therapy, wound care services and a sleep medicine center. Services also include minimally invasive spine surgery and retinal surgery.
Sentara Martha Jefferson has an Outpatient Care Center located at Pantops that houses the Sentara Martha Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center, women’s services, orthopedics, and reproductive medicine. Additionally, there is also an Outpatient Care Center located at Proffit Road that houses a free-standing emergency department, lab, imaging, orthopedic services and a family practice.
Sentara Martha Jefferson also offers a convenient care clinic at the 5th Street Station shopping center. Sentara Family Medicine is a primary care practice, but also accepts walk-in patients and is opened extended hours and on the weekends.
Outside the hospital, affiliated physicians have offices throughout Charlottesville and the surrounding counties, including Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Madison, Nelson and Orange.
Sheltering Arms Physical Rehabilitation Centers is committed to helping people find the Power to Overcome setbacks from illness and injury. We are the premier provider of physical rehabilitation services and patients' number one choice in Central Virginia. Sheltering Arms specializes in the treatment of complex neurological and orthopedic conditions such as stroke, spinal-cord injury, brain injury, amputation or joint replacement. We provide a complete continuum of care throughout each patient’s rehabilitation experience at our two rehabilitation hospitals and 11 outpatient clinics.
Sheltering Arms is also the home of the iWALK Recovery Center, and our staff have advanced clinical certifications and training in the use of the newest leading-edge technologies. As a non-profit organization, Sheltering Arms’ mission is to provide comprehensive physical rehabilitation of the highest caliber to our patients, regardless of their ability to pay. For more than 100 years, Sheltering Arms has been a provider of healthcare services and a name that people trust. Sheltering Arms is committed to helping patients find the Power to Overcome!
At SunTrust we believe that philanthropy is essential to building and sustaining our communities. Our mission to help people and institutions prosper demonstrates the importance of philanthropy to our business.
Grants are provided through our SunTrust Foundation, which is at the cornerstone of SunTrust philanthropy. Learn about our Foundation’s goals and priorities, and how to request a grant.
Virginia Premier is a non-profit managed care organization covering more than 220,000 members. Wholly-owned by VCU Health since 1998, we were formed to provide affordable health care for underserved and vulnerable populations in Virginia. We currently offer Medicare and Medicaid plans, and in 2019 will offer health insurance under the Affordable Care Act exchange. We also run the Virginia Premier Neighborhood Health Center in Roanoke, which provides health care directly to many of our members.
Since our formation in 1995, Virginia Premier has supported a variety of charitable efforts, including health education and wellness fairs, charity walks and the Special Olympics. We have also supported mobile medical clinics and, most recently, a school-based health initiative in Petersburg.
If you would like to learn more about Virginia Premier, please visit us at www.virginiapremier.com.