Care Connection for Children, Hampton Roads
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Who We Are
The Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters Care Connection for Children (CHKDCCC), sponsored by the Virginia Department of Health, is a statewide network of regional programs that provides health care coordination, community support and resources to children who have chronic physical health care needs.
Professional care coordinators work closely with children and their families to provide targeted, comprehensive and culturally appropriate care. These professionals coordinate all services offered by the various providers to children in need, and they actively seek input from families and medical practitioners to achieve the best possible results.
The care coordinators connect families with:
- Access to medical specialty care.
- Ongoing help in coordinating specialty care and accessing services.
- Assistance with obtaining health insurance.
- Help in understanding and using health insurance benefits.
- Information about and referral to community resources.
- Help to communicate with schools, payers, providers and community services.
- Help to determine eligibility for access to a "pool of funds" to pay for service.