National Maternal Mental Health Hotline
Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)
Who We Are
The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline provides free, confidential support before, during, and after pregnancy. The Hotline offers callers:
- Phone or text access to professional counselors;
- Real-time support and information;
- Response within a few minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- Referrals to local and telehealth providers and support groups;
- Culturally sensitive support;
- Counselors who speak English and Spanish;
- Interpreter services in 60 languages.
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on the website. The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline is not a crisis line. For suicidal crisis help, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or after July 16, 2022 by dialing 9-8-8.