To reach or stay at a healthy weight, how much you eat is just as important as what you eat. Do you know how much food is enough for you? Do you understand the difference between a portion and a serving?
The information below explains portions and servings, and provides tips to help you eat just enough for you.
- What is the difference between a portion and a serving?
- How much should I eat?
- How can the Nutrition Facts food label help me?
- How can I keep track of how much I eat?
- How can I manage food portions at home?
- How can I manage portions when eating out?
- How can I manage portions and eat well when money is tight
Too many calories can affect your weight and health. Along with choosing a healthy variety of foods and reducing the total calories you take in through eating and drinking, pay attention to the size of your portions. Sticking with healthy foods and drinks and managing your portions may help you eat just enough for you.