Arthritis Treatment and Therapy
Sheltering Arms Institute (SAI)
Who We Are
Sheltering Arms Institute is a state-of-the-science, 114-bed, rehabilitation hospital that blends advanced technology, research, and evidence-based clinical care to create superior outcomes for patients.
- 212,063 total square feet,
- All private patient rooms,
- Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex care, stroke, and general rehab units,
- 9,251 sq. ft. main therapy gym and three satellite gyms,
- Research, conference, and outdoor space,
- Physician, psychology, and nursing services,
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy,
- Therapeutic recreation,
- Cutting-edge patient care technology and rehabilitation equipment,
- Chapel and dining room,
- Designated visitor areas.
The Sheltering Arms team tailors an array of services to help relieve arthritis pain including physical therapy and modifications to activities. Several medications are also available. Exercise may improve range of motion and strengthen the muscles surrounding joints to treat arthritis. Sheltering Arms physicians may also recommend and provide selected injections to help to reduce discomfort.